Monday, July 24, 2006

"T" minus 48 hours




You're not going to believe this, but I'm actually going to update my blog. Not that anyone is going to read it because things have been quiet sooooooooo long that nobody is checking things anymore. Can't blame you.

But things have been a little crazy. Moving will do that to you. I've been in Nanaimo for the past 6 weeks, and finally we get to move over as a family. It's about time. I've been going nuts being away from my wife and kids. I can't believe people who have to live that lifestyle long term!

We've almost got the townhouse packed up. Tomorrow we'll finish up, and then Wednesday we'll load the truck. We head for Nanaimo on Thursday, and then Friday we'll get to unload at our new place. Not like it takes a day to drive to Nanaimo...

Then it's a whole new world. Literally. The top picture is life as we know it, taken a few floors above us. What a beautiful city! Below is where we'll be Friday. A bit of a change, but another beautiful city. I haven't mown a lawn in 7 years. But as Aileen is quick to point out, by the look of the yard, I still won't have to.

Happy trails.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

Oh the joys of lawn-care. Glad to see your life normalizing and you having a place to call home again. See ya tomorrow.

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Peace out!