Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Most Unfavoritest Books

Warning: this is a rant…

Contemporary “Christian” fiction is so pathetic. I was flipping through the pre-Christmas sales rag of the local Christian bookstore, and I found these winners, which I present for your entertainment:

Second Chances
Marilyn is determined to guard her heart after her minister husband divorces her for another woman. But when she meets Joshua, she struggles to ignore the attraction she feels. Suddenly a stalker known as “Leopard” starts sending Josh threatening messages. $13.97

What She Left For Me
Jana discovers that her pastor husband has run off with his secretary—and the family bank account. Penniless and pregnant, Jana turns to her mother, who is haunted by her own guilt. Then an eccentric aunt complicates the situation! $13.97

These make The Da Vinci Code look like stellar literature. I can’t remember the last time I read a “Christian” novel. End-times hallucinations and ministry marriage messes drive me nuts. Beyond Frank Peretti, does anybody out there have any suggestions?

No comments: