Sunday, January 22, 2006

Another frantic week



Well, another frantic week at the Siggelkow household. Maryn's in swimming twice a week now, so Tuesdays and Thursdays are a race to get home get fed and get to the pool by 6 PM. But it's cool to see the fish in her natural environment!

The BIG EVENT was Daleena’s 14th birthday. Wow – why is it that when the kids have a birthday it’s the parents that feel so much older? And then Daleena has the audacity to say “You know Dad, in two years I’ll be sixteen…” Argh!!! What next? Boyfriends, university, marriage ~ GRANDCHILDREN!!!! It’s as if I see my life passing before my eyes in an instant. (I guess I’ve got to readjust my self-concept – I’m not just a newlywed kid out of college anymore!) But life is good. Daleena is an awesome person and has been such an incredible blessing to us.

Thursday was a morning spent with my Emerging Leader’s Cluster, a small group of young-ish-but-not-really Pastors from the area who meet several times a year to track with each other’s lives and learn from each other’s journeys. We were missing a couple of guys to the flu etc., but it was still a great morning. I must say that I did experience considerable whiplash when I went into Oak-Way for a couple of hours later that afternoon. Sometimes it seems like the world of the pastor and the world of commercial furniture and millwork are light years apart. The longer I am out of the church scene, the harder it is to relate…but the guys I hang with are true friends that make it an exceptional experience not to be missed. And I think that my weird life and experience does bring something unique to the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Dad that was very sweet of you.

~Oldest daughter~