Saturday, January 14, 2006

Okay, who's been praying for us?

Wow, what a week! Life can get to be such a blur.

Sunday night we had our gathering at our place which was great. Reuben and Connie came with another big announcement - not only are they going to have a baby, but they are moving to Calgary in a few months. So that was kind of sad - but I'm glad for them...it's the right thing...

Monday: AM was work, PM was with the James' - a fun time had by all with great friends.

Tuesday: AM was work, PM was a very, very long French Immersion meeting at Churchill Secondary for students looking into the program for next year. Maryn was looking, Daleena was a presenter and did a great job!

Wednesday: AM was work, PM was a very, very, very long meeting a Gordon School for Maryn's school trip to Quebec that tragically has been downgraded to a camping trip to Powel River.

Thursday: AM was work for Aileen, a Section Pastor's prayer thing in our neighborhood for Darcy and then off to work, PM was rushing home from work just in time to drive Maryn to the pool for swimming lessons ~ Wanda made us supper! Wow, what a treat and blessing!

Friday: AM was work, PM was picking up Daleena from a friends place and then collapsing on the couch exhausted...Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Part 1 was a great escape.

On top of that, my neck / back has been stiff and sore most of the week, especially when I'm sitting at a desk - which is much of my life...

Also, Aileen is in the middle of a frantic time at work and is feeling mentally and physically fatigued. And when life doesn’t stop after work and you just have to keep marching till bedtime it can be overwhelming.

Having said all that, here is my point: we not only survived, but thrived! Somehow in all of this frantic living, we were able to keep putting one foot in front of the other and journeying on. That's not a comment on our stubborness, but a tribute to God's grace, which somehow we felt and extra portion of this week. I have a sneaking hunch that someone - maybe you - have been praying for us abit extra over that past few days... Thank you.

Aileen says "I take comfort though in knowing that when God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. I know that in my head and heart from many encounters with Him and experiences that show His sovereignty in our lives. We serve an amazing God! It feels great to talk about Him and I feel His close connection with my spirit. I know He is right here, beside me."