Friday, February 10, 2006

Living In Paradise




Okay, so I was whining a bit about the weather. Well, things have changed. The above picture was taken on my way home from work tonight. It's the 2 Road bridge in Richmond, looking west down the middle arm of the Fraser over Georgia Straight to the mountains on Vancouver Island. Wow, what a beautiful sight. (The new Olympic Speed Skating Oval is under construction just off camera to the right, for you Olympic buffs.)

As I was talking to my sister Darla in Saskatchewan this week, and her comment weather wise was "Yeah, it may be wet on the coast, but when it does quit raining, you've got instant summer. When it quits snowing here, we've got 3 weeks of mud."

Then there was Jer Postal reminding me that if you can't stand the rain, head for the mountains and enjoy the piles of powder. (Okay Jer, you made me jealous...)

Yup, a little perspective always helps.

2 comments:

jeremy postal said...

That is an amazing photo!! You should email it to me...

Perspective always wins doesn't it.

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Nice pic Darc. See you tommorow night. I'm feeling (pot) lucky!!!