Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This'll floor ya

Just a quick blurb to let all you cyber junkies know I'm still kicking, at least feebly! It has been a crazy few weeks, but what week isn't? I don't like boring you (or me) with deeply personal stuff like what I had for breakfast or what colour my socks are today and how I made the decision, so if I don't have something mildly interesting or news worthy like major building floods to blog on the best bet is to post zippo. So zippo has been the theme the last few weeks.

But tonight I do have big news. We got our new hardwood floor in the lower level installed this weekend. Got the transition trim down just tonight. Now all we got left is to finish the quarter round molding in a few spots and get felt pads on the furniture. Speaking of furniture, a DIY tip for all you handy people: when laying flooring, do it BEFORE you fill the room with furniture. It's a @%!(*& of a lot less work! Hmmmm. Note to self...

Special thanks to Reuben Jakob for supplying some cool tools and working like a madman and keeping me company for a weekend of blood, sweat, and tears. Okay, so maybe there weren't any tears, but sweat and blood definitely (my hands look like I've been arm wrestling with barb wire). I'll post a pic when I get a chance (0f the floor, not my hands)... but .... right ...... now .......... I'm ............ too ............... tired ............ to ............... type ............ another .....................

2 comments:

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Miss ya

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're becoming an all 'round handy man, Darcy.
How are you and the family?
Had fun checking out your previous posts!

Dale Penney