Sunday, May 07, 2006

Siggy Urbanite Is Moving to the Island

I’ve got BIG news. I have accepted an invitation to join the pastoral team ET Family Church in Nanaimo, BC. Our family will be relocating to beautiful Vancouver Island sometime in the next couple of months.

I know that will come as a shock to a lot of people. Join the club. It is still a pretty big shock to us, never mind anyone else! But we cannot deny God’s hand in all of this, so we take the step forward with boldness and joy.

If you live in Nanaimo and have some how discovered this obscure corner of cyberspace called Siggy Urbanite, let me say that we are very excited about the next chapter of our lives. We haven’t spent a whole lot of time exploring Nanaimo, but it is an amazingly beautiful place. ET Family Church has a great leadership team that we are honored to join, and being part of Island Tehillah has got me pumped! So please jump into the conversation and introduce yourself. Post a comment or send me an email. We want to get to know you!

As excited as we are about Nanaimo, we are really going to miss Vancouver, especially our precious friends that we have journeyed with over these past couple of years. Our ‘living room church’ family has been so dear to us we feel like a huge part of our heart is being ripped from us. To say this has been a difficult decision is an enormous understatement. We love where we live, we love our church family, we are passionate about the challenge and energized about the potential of ministry downtown, and we have made such great friends among our neighbors. But for some inexplicable reason, we know our time downtown has come to an end.

I guess this is the primary reason why this blog has been pretty much dead the past couple of months or so. We have needed to work through a lot of deep issues. We dreamed so long, worked so hard, and (seemingly) sacrificed so much to get downtown, and now only 24 months later we are moving on. Something of that doesn’t make sense to me, yet I have no doubt it is the right thing.

We have no regrets, and we would not have traded this experience for the world. We feel like we have changed, grown, and matured in so many ways. It has been so much more than a ‘stepping stone’ to the next chapter in our lives, but we do feel like it has uniquely prepared us for that next chapter.

So stay tuned. I never thought I’d live on Vancouver Island, but here we go!

10 comments:

jeremy postal said...

Wow!! That is huge!
I would love to work on the same team as Boomer >> he is a rad guy! I suppose you won't have to worry about flying loaves of bread now that you are moving back into suberbia.....
Happy trails!
-Jer

Vancouver Condo Church said...

Wow;

I will miss you

Candice

tommy : s said...

woooah. i have no idea how to process the emotion and thoughts going through my head. of course i'm excited when anyone is following God's path for them, and your walk has been quite a walk. But this is massive, and crazy, and horrid and disappointing, and confusing, and wonderful, enthralling, eye-opening, exciting.

i'll stop writing and call you soon. i am of course TOTALLY biassed by my own love affair and calling to the 'Couv, and can't bear to see someone called away from here. But you're not called away, you're called to, and I know this has been the most incredible journey for you guys.

God bless you richly as the journey continues.

have to echo Jer's love of boomer tho', and i'll get zoli to drop some random bread over your new pad from his seaplane ;o)

Anonymous said...

It's about time! You belong in ministry. It's like your calling. I'm glad to hear that you have an excellent church to pastor. Keep us in cyberspace informed about your island adventures.

Anonymous said...

He was in ministry.

Anonymous said...

He'll still be in ministry. That's why he never left ministry.

Boomer said...

Hey Darcy,
Seems interesting how this all went down. Amy and I met you guys @ COTM having absolutly no idea the wheels were in motion. Then I stumbled across your blog circle through Jer. I'm excited to see what God has in store. Looking forward to everything. Hey if you want to chat hit me up @ mikeboomer12@hotmail.com. You can add it to MSN too. Also want to check out youth stuff hit up www.lym.ca. Finally to learn some of the more serious side I've been posting thoughts @ mikeboomer.blogspot.com. TTYSoon

Boomer

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcy,
My name is Sheila - I'm the secretary at ET. We're very excited to have you and your family heading over! I can't wait to meet you all.

Blessings!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcy,

My name is Christina. I met you at the Tehillah BBQ tonight. Just came across your blog through Boomer's blog and I thought I would say an offical "Welcome to ET and of course Tehillah." I am very excited to hear how God has worked in your life to bring you and your family to us, and I am very excited about the upcoming year of Tehillah. I cant wait to get started again in September. If you ever need any help with anything let me know, I would be happy to help. You can email me at Christina.Logan@hotmail.com God Bless you and your beautiful family!! and welcome to our family!!!

Christina

Anonymous said...

just wanted to add to the fellow comments from my church Family...Welcome to ET...great meeting your wife and am looking forward to meeting you...never got the chance...you were swamped with people....lol..anyhow welcome...and you can tell your lovely wife that she can email me as well...hayes_michele@hotmail.com...thanks and you are in my prayers...hopefully the move goes well...bye for now..God Bless