Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm not a political junkie, but...

I'm not a political junkie, but I must admit one of my political heros is Tony Blair. Even though I probably lean more toward the political right, Blair has always hit me as an honest, principled, down to earth kind of person. I have aways appreciated his communication style and his governments accomplishments have been amazing. One thing that has been kept buried are his deep conservative religious beliefs. The Globe and Mail had a fascinating article on him that is worth reading.

It was fun to see him portrayed by Michael Shean in The Queen. If you haven't seen it, you can catch his resignation speach here. He is a master communicator worth watching and learning from. (I guess that's the preacher in me surfacing...)

1 comment:

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Tony Blair is this generations version of Ronald Reagan.

My favorite polititian of all time is the mayor of Springfield from the Simpsons.