Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

Good movies seem to be few and far between. "Juno" was good, but a little crude in a gritty sort of way. "Dan in Real Life" is another of my recent favorites, mostly because it's about a Dad and his three girls and their relationship. I haven't seen too much of Steve Carrol's stuff, but he's actually very funny in this one - which wasn't my opinion of him in "Evan Almighty".

But... if you haven't seen "Lars and the Real Girl", go to the video store, pop some popcorn, and get comfy on the couch, 'cause it's well worth the watch. It's a hilarious, touching story of a family, church, and community that shows how we need to care for people. Everyone. Especially the special ones. In the words of Larry the Cucumber: "I laughed, I cried. It moved me, Bob."

No comments: