Friday, May 30, 2008

Prince Caspian

I actually ponied up the $8 bucks to see "Prince Caspian" in the theatre on the weekend. Most everyone else was there to see Indiana Jones, but for me that can wait for DVD.
Caspian was good, even better than "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe", which I thought was better than average. But I've been in love with these stories since I was a kid, so I was pretty eager to see them. [My favorite part is when they finally meet Aslan at the river. His encounter with the dwarf reminds me of some things I've seen during 'hot' altar times in church or at camp!]
Anyway, Caspian was way, way better than "The Golden Compass". I happened to see that on a flight a while back and was curious as to what all the fuss was about. I'm always up for a good yarn, and while it started off intriguing, it fell flat about a third of the way through and never recovered. So much for the controversy. Bad movies are hard to get excited about. Here's a good article from Time that explains "Why Narnia Hits While Golden Compass Flops".
So now I get to wait for "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", which was always my favorite story of the Chronicles. But May, 2010 seems a long ways away!

No comments: