Friday, June 27, 2008

Quote of the Week

You gotta love the Georgia Straight. Not the water, the Vancouver quasi-newspaper. Here's Ken Eisner's first lines on Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed the documentary by Nathan Frankowski opening today.

"Truth begins and ends with the title of Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, a semislick advertorial for “intelligent design”, the sanitized public mask of creationism, itself invented by Christians who think their God is too stupid to have come up with evolution on his own." (You can catch the rest of his hilarious take here.)

You gotta love that - and I'm not being cynical when I say that. If you're in downtown Vancouver, you gotta understand this is how a lot of people think. I'm not mad about it. In fact, I miss it. Maybe I'm just strange.

So, if you can get to the Cinemark Tinseltown Theaters today, you can pony up your $8.50 and see for yourself. If we still lived downtown, I know that's where I'd be tonight! ...sometimes I really miss that place...

And if you're too lazy to find them yourself, here are a couple of other articles on Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.
Globe and Mail Arts column
Georgia Straight Movie Feature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie and it didn't surprise me that debate is all but dead in our society. It's tragic that we spend so much money on universities that stifle individual thought and reason.