Monday, November 20, 2006

Lion's Won...yawn...


I suppose I should be more excited about the Lion's winning their 5th Championship, but I can't get past the fact that the 94th Grey Cup may have been one of the most boring football games I have ever watched. And I even missed mosted of the first half, which by all accounts was the dullest part of the game. The best part of the whole afternoon was when they broke the trophey during the post-game celebration!

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm more of a fan of the CFL than any individual team. I would have been happier if the Lion's would have lost a thriller than for them to loose a sleeper.

And it's just not that 'big game' that was flat. This has been a dull season in the CFL. Few tight games, fewer big plays, and not a whole lot of flash and sizzle. This is something that needs to be addressed, or I might have to start watching (gasp!) the NFL. Bring back the wild, sand-lot football - PLEASE!!! Even the Toronto Star agrees with me that the Grey Cup is not the only thing broken!

No comments: